Soulsborne SL1/BL4 Guidelines
Roles are obtainable for all Soulsborne games. Click the list below to go to the different game guidelines (or Index).
Please remember to check necessary global requirements (e.g. recording for a legend run). Read the Index page.
DS3 - SL1 Requirements
For SL1 Champion we require all bosses to be defeated with screenshots/videos of the following:
- All Boss Souls and/or their bonfires/empty arenas.
Stray Demon (Lothric’s Bridge) and the Demon just before Smouldering Lake are entirely optional.
Halflight must be fought for Spears of the Church. Fighting a player, even accidentally, is not allowed. If necessary you can respawn the boss at the purging monument.
If you used any boss souls for items, show them as well for proof. It is strongly recommended to not use boss souls just for souls, as you are effectively destroying your own SL1 proof.
DS3 - SL1 Resources
Parallax’s General SL1 Route and Advice.
SL1 All Bosses Route.
Usable weapons data by Decc.
- Dragonslayer’s Axe (Raw): Usually mentioned as DSA. Extremely good weapon, you can use this on almost everything.
- Millwood Battle Axe (Heavy): Similar to DSA, but with physical damage instead of split. Good for bosses resistant to lightning but not difficult to damage. Can be used together with Lothric War Banner.
- Broadsword (Raw and Fire): Acts like a faster Millwood Battle Axe, but with less damage. Good for general damage on fast bosses. Raw allows poison application. Can be used together with Lothric War Banner.
- Flamberge (Sharp): High stagger potential, good damage and bleed status.
- Bandit’s Knife (Blood): Bleed status.
- Profaned Greatsword: Charged R2 cheese on some bosses, notably Halflight.
- Crossbows: Mostly for punishing, cheesy tactics.
- Storyteller’s Staff: Poison scales with max health. Tons of damage.
- Rotten Ghru Dagger (Poison): Produces poisoned status extremely quick.
- Dagger (Deep, Fire, Sharp): Good critical damage.
Acceptable SL1 Legend Criteria
- SL1 NG+7 No Bleed/No Toxic/No Poison/No Frost
- SL1 No Rolling/Blocking/Parrying
- SL1 NG+ Broken Weapon + No Bleed/No Toxic/No Poison/No Frost
- SL1 No Hit & Any%
- SL1 +0 Weapons/No Infusions/No Bleed/No Toxic/No Poison/No Frost
- Offensive pyromancies are not allowed for this run. Beats the purpose of doing little damage.
- SL1 Torch only
- It’s recommended that Iudex, Deacons and Yhorm should be beaten with a different legendary challenge.
- SL1 Soldering Iron only
- This can be spawned in at the beginning of the run. You are allowed to use the carthus milk ring to be able to wield it.
- SL1 -80 NG+
- For this run, use CE to have 1 point in every stat.
- SL1 Blindfolded
- Not allowed to see the screen, you need a clear webcam stream to prove.
- SL1 Armour of Thorns only
- It’s recommended that Yhorm, Soul of Cinder, Halflight, Gravetender, Deacons and Wolnir should be beaten with a different legendary challenge.
- SL1 Fist only
- It’s recommended that Soul of Cinder, Halflight, Gravetender, Deacons and Wolnir should be beaten with a different legendary challenge.
- SL1 Perma-Death
SL1 Legend Banned Equipment
- Tears of Denial. Promotes error-prone combat, avoiding death via equipment is already simple.
- Morion Blade and Dark Hand. Unobtainable at SL1.
- Storm Ruler against Yhorm. It’s too strong.
- Siegward versus Yhorm is unacceptable.
- Storyteller’s Staff against bosses. The Weapon Art makes boss fights way too passive with little risk.
- Prisoner’s Chain + Lloyd’s Shield Ring at base NG. Allows for too many mistakes to be made safely. Either one is fine, but not both.
Runs that are not considered challenging enough for SL1 Legend
- Any class that is not Deprived. Not SL1.
- SL1 First Person. It’s just as playable.
- SL1 No Armour. Since you get 1 or 2-shot by most things anyway this alone wouldn’t really be a challenge.
- SL1 No Healing. See reasons above.
- SL1 [insert weapon]. If the weapon is a very bad weapon it could be considered for Legend Run. If the weapon is something decent like the Astora Straight Sword… then no, it shouldn’t count for Legend run.
- SL1 Keyboard and Mouse. Since some people prefer to play on Keyboard and Mouse, this doesn’t count.
- SL1 No Weapon buffs - Since most of the damage comes from Rings and not Resins/Bundles/Spells especially against the DLC bosses, not using Weapon buffs isn’t enough for Legend runs (and besides, you can just bleed bosses with a blood infused bandit knife and kill them really fast).
- SL1 [insert FPS]. We get it, it’s not always easy to record video. Sorry.
- Damaging consumables are not allowed on any low damage run. Using them to clear crystal sage clones is allowed.z